How to Enroll

Whether you're in high school, college, or already enlisted in the Army, you can start your journey to becoming an Officer right now.

Army ROTC Scholarships

Army ROTC offers two-, three-, or four-year college scholarships to qualified high school seniors or current college students.

Find Schools

Advanced Search

Army PaYS program participant


Employers are always looking for workers who have held leadership roles. The program establishes a relationship between you and a participating partner and affords you priority employment consideration.

Cadet wearing ASU being commissioned as a Second Lieutenant during commissioning ceremony inside, flag in background.

Non-Scholarship Program Participants

Non-scholarship graduates may serve three years on Active Duty and five years in the Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR).

Early Discharge

If you are selected for Green to Gold Program, you may obtain early release from Active Duty. Army Regulation 635-200, Chapter 16-2, provides for the honorable, early discharge of Soldiers so they can enroll in an Army Senior ROTC program.

The early discharge may be up to 30 days prior to the start of school. Terminal leave is NOT authorized.

To Qualify For Early Discharge

  • You must meet the requirements of the Green to Gold Program.
  • The separation authority must ensure that you meet the criteria, have served honorably and possess Officer attributes.
  • You must agree to the stipulations of the terms of the USAR enlistment contract or ROTC student contract. Otherwise, you will be in breach of your contract and subject to involuntary order to Active Duty to complete the prior service remaining and/or the scholarship contractual obligation. If you are a scholarship Cadet, you may be required to repay the scholarship benefits received in lieu of Active Duty service.

There are several options of commitment available to Army ROTC students in exchange for the tuition scholarship, the military training and leadership development.