Communications Agreement and Opt-Out
When you agree to be contacted by the United States Army, communications with you may be via mail, telephone, text message, e-mail, social media, and other electronic messages unless you opt-out or revoke your consent. By checking the applicable box, and submitting your personal information, you explicitly agree with all information outlined below on this page.
You may opt-out or revoke consent to receive communications from the United States Army at any time. To opt-out of email communication from the United States Army, go to https://www.goarmy.com/a/optout/global.html. To revoke consent to receive SMS (text message) communication from the United States Army, a user must reply “STOP” to an SMS message generated by the United States Army. To revoke consent to receive phone calls from the United States Army, call 1-800-USA-ARMY or advise the United States Army representative calling you.
United States Army Event Waiver and Release of Liability
The “United States Army Event Waiver and Release of Liability” section is for individuals using the GOARMY.COM website to register for attendance in a U.S. Army activity. You must be at least 16 years old and complete all the information requested in order to participate.
I, Participant, on behalf of myself and my heirs, successors and assigns, hereby agree that in connection with my participation in the United States Army special event or other interactive activities (collectively, the "Event") fully and forever release, waive, discharge, and agree not to sue the United States Army or its event marketing and advertising agencies, its Event producers, other participants, sponsoring and participating organizations, the owners and lessees of the premises and/or equipment used to conduct the Event and the respective agents, officers directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the "Releasees") for any and all claims, causes of action or liability of any kind, including claims, causes of action or liability for any injury (including death), loss or damages sustained or incurred by me (or my property) arising out of or in any way associated with my participation in the Event including all claims, causes of action or liability arising out of the negligence of any of the Releasees.
I acknowledge that I have voluntarily chosen to assume all risks associated with my participation in the Event, both known and unknown, including those risks that result from the negligence of the Releasees or others and assume full responsibility for my participation in the Event.
I understand that the Event may be photographed, videotaped, or otherwise recorded, and I agree that the United States Army and its agents, designees and licensees may use my name and likeness (in any form and without regard to any alteration) in photographs, videotapes, audiotapes, and any and all other media, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without any additional consideration to me or to any third party. I shall have no right of approval and no legal claim arising out of any use or editing of my name and likeness. The United States Army and its agents, designees and licensees shall have no obligation to use any of the rights I grant.
The United States Army and GOARMY.COM are committed to protecting your privacy. We use security technology and security procedures to protect your personal information and your privacy. This section outlines information we collect, how it is used, and how you can opt out of data collection. This includes personal information collected on request forms and activity on GOARMY.COM website.
1. When you contact us, we will collect personal information about you so that we may contact you and best respond to your request. Disclosure of personal information by you is strictly voluntary. You are under no obligation whatsoever to provide a United States Army representative any information. All information collected will be used strictly for recruiting purposes. The authority for the collection of this information is Title 10; United States Code; Section 503.
2. We may use information you provide to determine your qualifications, to improve your GOARMY.COM experience, and to personalize information we send you.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website, US Gov Opt-Out website or the Network Advertising Initiative website. If you choose to opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements but they will not be tailored to your interests.
4. The United States Army uses software programs and analytics tools to collect and analyze statistical data about your activity on GOARMY.COM. This data is used to improve user experience on goarmy.com, understand web traffic patterns, identify opportunities to improve the overall quality of the site, as well as, for advertising and marketing.
6. For site security purposes, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. The GOARMY.COM Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) can be found by clicking this link.
8. GOARMY.COM System of Record Notice (SORN) ID is A0601-210c TRADOC and can be found by clicking this link.
The United States Army is dedicated to making all information and technology available to individuals with disabilities. In 1998, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments, as amended by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998, issued accessibility standards setting forth electronic and information technology performance criteria. As amended, Section 508 requires that when Federal agencies develop, procure, maintain, or use electronic and information technology, they must ensure that this information is accessible to every individual.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Office
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) ensures public access to U.S. government records. The FOIA office is responsible for management oversight of the implementation of FOIA Act programs in accordance with 5 USC, and Public Law 106-554.
GOARMY.COM Website Copyright
The United States Army Recruiting web site (GOARMY.COM) is provided as a public service by the Army Enterprise Marketing Office (AEMO) and the Department of the Army. Information presented on the Army Recruiting web site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Photographs, videos and music require permission for use and remain the property of the United States Army or copyright owner and may not be reproduced except by permission.
The United States Army may offer fitness information designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional. You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting any fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Do not start any fitness program if your physician or health care provider advises against it. If you experience faintness, dizziness, pain or shortness of breath at any time while exercising you should stop immediately. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have read on this site. The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk.
Army Enterprise Marketing Office
John C. Kluczynski Federal Building
230 S. Dearborn St., Suite 3098
Chicago, IL 60604