Information Technology Specialist (25B)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
Information technology specialists are responsible for maintaining, processing and troubleshooting military computer systems/operations.
- Maintenance of networks, hardware and software
- Provide customer and network administration services
- Construct, edit and test computer programs
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an information technology specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Use of computer consoles and peripheral equipment
- Computer systems concepts
- Planning, designing and testing computer systems
- Interest in computer science
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience in installation of computers
Required ASVAB Score(s)Skilled Technical (ST) : 95
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career as a network support technician, data-processing technician or computer programmer.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAI CORPORATION
- EATON CORPORATION
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support
- Comcast Cable Communications, Inc
- CISCO SYSTEMS
- CDW, LLC
- CoxCom, Inc.