Financial Management Technician (36B)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
The finance management technician is responsible for financial management duties such as budgeting, disbursing and accounting for government funds. They make sure vendors are paid, budgets are balanced and financial matters are met so the Army keeps running.
- Receive and post documents to accounting/budget systems
- Process treasury checks for payment and pay for invoices
- Maintain files and prepare financial reports/travel vouchers
- Review contracts, invoices and receive reports
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a financial management technician requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction for accounting techniques.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Accounting principles and procedures
- Maintenance of financial reports and budgets
- Analyzing financial data
- Computation of pay and deductions
- Interest in mathematics, statistics and accounting
- Ability to work with numbers
- Capable of using computers and other office machines
Required ASVAB Score(s)Clerical (CL) : 101
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in any field you choose, especially as a bookkeeper or an accountant.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESSS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- BMO Financial Corp.
- Zions Bank
- Citicorp Credit Services, Inc. (USA)
- Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
- OFFICE DEPOT, INC.
- SEARS HOLDING CORP
- Accenture LLP