Kent State University

Army ROTC has been a tradition at Kent State University since during World War II when the University offered its resources to the U.S. Army Air Corps. From 1943 –1944, pre-flight aircrew trainees occupied Moulton, Lowry, and Engleman Halls and using the classrooms, faculty, and the old athletic field (now the Commons).

Battalion History

The University was founded as the Kent State Normal School in 1910 as a teacher-training school and later renamed Kent State College when it was authorized to grant Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees. In 1935, Kent State was elevated to university status, creating a graduate degree program and instituting a College of Business Administration.

Faculty and Staff

Cadet Profiles

Alumni Profiles