What are the benefits of joining the U.S. Army?
Answer: The training and salary you get as a Soldier are only some of the ways the Army strengthens you for tomorrow. The Army also offers money for education, comprehensive health care, generous vacation time, family services and support groups, special pay for special duties, and cash allowances to cover the cost of living. You can also find additional information at http://www.goarmy.com/benefits.html
How do I find a recruiter in my area?
Answer: Recruiters are located in communities all across America. Check out the following link to find the nearest recruiter. http://www.goarmy.com/locate-a-recruiter.html
What are the age requirements to join?
Answer: 17-34. You can enlist at the age of 17 with parental consent. You must be in Basic Combat Training prior to your 35th birthday.
What are the weight/height requirements to join the U.S. Army?
What are the education requirements to join the U.S. Army?
Answer: The minimum education requirement is a high school diploma or equivalent for enlisted Soldiers; however, other educational requirements are necessary for other enlistment options. Check out this link for more information: http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs.html
How do I reassure my parents about my decision to join?
Answer: Your local recruiter can help you explain your decision to serve in the U.S. Army. Here's a helpful link for your parents to visit for more information: http://www.goarmy.com/parents.html
Is the U.S. Army accepting waivers?
Answer: Yes, we are accepting individuals who require certain types of waivers. Check with your local recruiter for the latest guidance on waivers. http://www.goarmy.com/locate-a-recruiter.html
Can I join the U.S. Army if I am not an American citizen?
Answer: To seek U.S. Army service, you must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or a legal resident alien of the United States; if not, you must have an I-551 (Green Card) or G-845 to join the U.S. Army. You may apply for that here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis Army regulations prohibit us from assisting or sponsoring you into the U.S. Once you have an I-551 or a G-845 verifying your approval for permanent residency, you can process for enlistment.
What resources are available to help me study for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB)?
Answer: Here's a link to better understand what the ASVAB is and what it will be like. There are also helpful resources at this link. http://www.goarmy.com/learn/understanding-the-asvab.html
How do I find and/or request military records of my loved ones who served in the U.S. Army?
Answer: Please check the National Archive's web site under the Veterans' Service Records for more information - http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/index.html
What jobs and careers are available in the U.S. Army?
Answer: The Army offers several jobs to fit a variety of skills. For a complete list of careers visit the following link: http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs.html - however talking with your local recruiter is always the best option to find out the current needs of the Army.
What is the U.S. Army's tattoo policy?
Answer: The Army requires that all tattoos be evaluated for size, location, and decency to ensure applicant will be in compliance with current appearance regulations. Tattoos or brands that are extremist, indecent, sexist or racist are prohibited.
Can I join with a GED?
You can contact your local recruiting station to determine if they have any training vacancies and if you qualify to enlist. If no GED vacancies are available, you need to earn 15 semester hours from 100 level or higher college classes, then you will be considered a high school graduate for enlistment purposes. Talk to your local recruiter for more details.
What are the current requirements for prior service members?
For the latest information on Prior Service Business Rules visit the goarmy Facebook page Notes: