Copied to Clipboard
Added to List
1 / 5
Removed From List
1 / 5
See All Careers
AH-64 Helicopter Repairer
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Army National Guard
- Entry Level
As an AH-64 Helicopter Repairer, you’ll maintain the AH-64 helicopters, also known as the Apache, which have been a vital part of Army missions since they were first used in the 1980s. Hundreds of Army missions depend on these helicopters, so it’ll be vital you ensure that every one of them is safe and ready to fly.
- 10 weeks of Basic Training
- 24 weeks of Advanced Individual Training
- 99 ASVAB Score: Mechanical Maintenance (MM)
- U.S. Citizen
- 17 to 34 Years Old
- High School Diploma or GED
- Meet Tattoo Guidelines
- No Major Law Violations
- No Medical Concerns
Skills You’ll Learn
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Engines & Machinery
- Electrical Systems
- 47 Nationally Recognized Certifications Available
What to know before you join
Here are some things you might want to know before you take the next step. You can always reach out to your recruiter for more specific details.
- What can I do if I don’t meet the eligibility requirements to join?
- The Army has a waiver process that you can take advantage of to prove you overcame a disqualifying issue that would otherwise prevent you from joining the Army. After submitting a waiver, a review takes place to make sure you can join. If your waiver is denied, you can also look into pursuing a civilian career within the Army.
- Are there any physical fitness requirements to join?
- You won't need to meet any physical fitness requirements before joining the Army as an enlisted Soldier. There are requirements if you join through ROTC or another Officer path—your recruiter will provide the details. Everyone needs to pass the Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT) after joining, and again every year of service.
- Do I need to attend Basic Training?
- Before you can become a Soldier, you’ll first need to complete a form of Basic Training—Basic Combat Training for enlisted Soldiers and the Basic Officer Leadership Course for Army Officers, as well as any additional training your job may require. Over the course of your training, you’ll learn the skills, knowledge, and discipline needed to become a Soldier. Active-duty Soldiers and Officers also have ongoing training to keep their skills sharp, so they stay ready for anything.
- How does Army pay compare to civilian pay?
- Your Army salary is just one part of the total compensation Soldiers earn. While civilian jobs may pay higher baseline salaries, the Army offers a starting salary above the federal minimum wage, plus a variety of benefits on top of your base pay that add up. When you consider affordable health care for part-time Soldiers and free health care for full-time Soldiers, plus access to bonuses, allowances for housing, food, and clothing, education benefits to get a college degree with less debt, and more financial benefits, the Army offers a competitive choice to similar civilian careers.
- What benefits will I receive as a Soldier?
- The Army offers a complete package of benefits that not only supports you and your family, but also helps you advance in your career. Whether you serve part-time or full-time as an enlisted Soldier or Army Officer, you’ll earn competitive pay with opportunities for bonuses, as well as receive health care at little to no cost. You could also receive money for education, student loan repayment assistance, training and certifications, housing, living expenses, and more.
Up to $20k bonus
Air and Missile Defense (AMD) CrewmemberSee Details
Air Defense Artillery OfficerSee Details
Up to $7.5k bonus
Air Defense Battle Management System OperatorSee Details
Air Traffic Control (ATC) OperatorSee Details
Air Traffic Control Equipment RepairerSee Details
Aircraft ElectricianSee Details
Aircraft Pneudraulics RepairerSee Details
Aircraft Powerplant RepairerSee Details
Aircraft Powertrain RepairerSee Details
Aircraft Structural RepairerSee Details
Avenger CrewmemberSee Details
Aviation OfficerSee Details
Avionic MechanicSee Details
Avionic and Survivability Equipment RepairerSee Details
Aviation Operations SpecialistSee Details
CH-47 Helicopter RepairerSee Details
Fixed Wing Aviator Warrant OfficerSee Details
OH-58D Helicopter RepairerSee Details
Rotary Wing Aviator Warrant OfficerSee Details
UH-60 Helicopter RepairerSee Details
Unmanned Aircraft Systems OperatorSee Details
Unmanned Aircraft Systems RepairerSee Details