To become part of the Army's Green Berets, you need to be mentally and physically tough, endure difficult training and face all challenges head-on. In addition to that, you must:
- Be a male, age 20-30 (Special Forces positions are not open to women)
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a high school diploma graduate
- Achieve a General Technical score of 107 or higher and a combat operation score of 98 on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.
- Qualify for a secret security clearance.
- Qualify and volunteer for Airborne training
- Must take and pass the Army Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA)
- Must successfully complete the Pre-Basic Task list
- Must have 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 in both near and distant vision in both eyes
- One year of college is preferred, but it is not a mandatory for enlistment