PRIOR SERVICE OR CURRENTLY SERVING
If your enlistment is coming to an end or you are looking to return to service, you might be wondering how the Army Reserve can help you. The answer is that being a Soldier in the Army Reserve gives you the best of what the military and civilian worlds have to offer.
As an Army Reserve Soldier, you have the flexibility to start a new career, continue your education, pursue any other goal and live where you choose while enjoying a civilian lifestyle.
And as an Army Reserve Soldier, you are also entitled to these benefits:
- Career-advancing skills that civilians simply can’t get
- Job placement assistance to gain a competitive advantage over civilian applicants, such as the Employer Partnership Program
- College tuition and loan repayment
- Low-cost health care and dental benefits — plus 6 months of no-cost health insurance (or continuation of TRICARE health benefits)
- Flexible service options
- Eligibility for prior service enlistment bonuses
- Opportunities for warrant officer training and Direct Commission
- Option to train for new MOS
- Leadership training to help you succeed in civilian life
- Guaranteed deployment deferment for two years
- Camaraderie and lasting bonds with your fellow Soldiers
And there are many other benefits you can enjoy as well.