Unmanned Aircraft Systems Repairer (15E)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
The unmanned aircraft repairer is primarily responsible for the maintenance functions on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. They keep the aircrafts ready to fly and ensure their ability to collect and transmit information.
- Repair the aircraft’s electrical, avionics, propulsion and fuel systems
- Maintenance of optical payloads, weapons systems, electrical systems, radio frequency systems and takeoff/landing systems
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an unmanned aircraft repairer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 17 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Electrical theory and system maintenance
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Soldiering skills
- Preference in mathematics and shop mechanics
- Interest in working with aircrafts
- Ability to work as a member on a team
- Working with electrics and electronic equipment
Required ASVAB Score(s)Electronics (EL) : 93, Mechanical Maintenance (MM) : 104
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with intelligence agencies, commercial airlines and other organizations that have fleets of airplanes/helicopters.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAR Aircraft Services, Inc
- LOCKHEED MARTIN
- Raytheon Company
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support