Transportation Management Coordinator (88N)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
Transportation management coordinators are primarily responsible for scheduling and selecting the modes of transportation for personnel and equipment. They organize, plan and oversee the movement of those vehicles, personnel and cargo worldwide.
- Mark, label cargo and freight shipments in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Document and inventory freight, cargo and materiel shipments of all types
- Perform system administrator duties such as installing software and uploading data to computer systems
- Prepare equipment, cargo and personnel for travel to airports, seaports and railways
- Request and coordinate transportation to meet a movement mission
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a transportation management coordinator requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and six weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Interest in motor vehicles, aircrafts and ocean liner vessels
- Experience in coordinating transportation
- Interest in planning events and working with people
Required ASVAB Score(s)Clerical (CL) : 95
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with transportation and logistic companies.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- Rush Enterprises
- Ruan Transportation Mgt. Sys. Inc.
- D. M. Bowman, Inc.
- Liquid Transport Corp
- Transport Corporation of America, Inc.
- Sentinel Transportation, LLC
- Nationwide Truck Brokers, Inc.
- J. B. Hunt Transportation, Inc.
- Total Quality Logistics, LLC
- TMC Transportation, Inc.