Nurse Corps Officer (66)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
Nurse Corps officers lead a nursing team that cares for Soldiers and their families. As part of the Army Nurse Corps, they play an important role in improving the overall quality of life for Soldiers and their families.
- Organize resources for patients and their families for help with inpatient, outpatient and home care
- Command a shift on a nursing unit that is part of a field hospital or for an installation medical activity
- Supervise all nursing care during your shift at all levels of command
Active duty and Army Reserve must have a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited school.
Job training for a Nurse Corps officer includes completing an Officer Basic Leadership Course, which introduces you to the Army Health Care system, Army doctrine and basic Soldier/leader skills.
- Ability to make accurate, immediate decisions
- Perform under stress
- Apply critical technical and thinking skills
- Tremendous concentration
- Receive Army Nurse Accession Bonus
- Nurse Loan Repayment Program
- Low-cost life and dental insurance,
- Noncontributory retirement benefits with 20 years of qualifying service
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
- Qualified nurses can receive Special Pay
- Health Care Professionals Loan Repayment Program
- Noncontributory retirement benefits at age 60 with 20 years of qualifying service
- Low-cost life and dental insurance
The U.S. Army provides generous education loan-repayment programs, residency programs and continuing education opportunities to support your continued career growth and development.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.