Medical Service Corps Officer (67)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
Medical service corps officers command the medical service corps that treats and helps the Soldiers and their families in a variety of areas:
- Behavioral sciences – social workers, clinical psychologists and counseling psychologists
- Health administration services
- Laboratory sciences – biochemists, clinical laboratory officers, microbiologists and research psychologists
- Preventive medicine sciences – medical science officers, entomologists, audiologists and environmental science/engineering officers.
- Command/control the medical service corps units during emergency and nonemergency medical situations
- Coordinate employment of medical service corps Soldiers at all levels of command
Officers must be degreed professionals in their areas of specialty in order to join the medical service corps. Those who want to serve must also take the Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for medical service corps officers includes completing an Officer Basic Leadership Course, which introduces you to the Army Health Care system, Army doctrine and basic Soldier/leader skills.
- Ability to make accurate, immediate decisions
- Perform under stress
- Apply critical technical and thinking skills
- Tremendous concentration
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.