Satellite Communication Systems Operator-Maintainer (25S)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
Satellite communication systems operator-maintainers are responsible for making sure that the lines of communication are always up and running. They maintain the multichannel satellite communications for the entire Army.
- Maintenance of satellite communications equipment and associated devices
- Conduct stressed and unstressed network operations
- Prepare system and equipment related forms and reports
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a satellite communication systems operator-maintainer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Use of various types of communications equipment
- Working with codes
- Maintenance and care of communications equipment
- Interest in communications equipment and satellite systems
- Ability to perform physically and mentally under pressure
- Can thrive in team environment
Required ASVAB Score(s)Electronics (EL) : 117
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career as a communications equipment operator at airports, telephone companies and police/fire stations.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAI CORPORATION
- EATON CORPORATION
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support
- Comcast Cable Communications, Inc
- CISCO SYSTEMS
- CDW, LLC
- CoxCom, Inc.