Nodal Network Systems Operator-Maintainer (25N)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
The nodal network systems operator-maintainer is responsible for making sure that the lines of communication are always up and running. They maintain strategic and tactical nodal systems.
- Field level maintenance on electronic nodal assemblages, combat net radios and ancillary communications equipment
- Perform system/network operations and correct system faults
- Maintenance on all internal communications systems devices
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a nodal network systems operator-maintainer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Electronic switching systems repair and WAN network
- Maintaining telephone exchange
- Maintain Internet Protocol
- Interest in working with nodal equipment
- Knowledge of Internet Protocol
- Configuring, operating and troubleshooting routers and E-switches
- An ability to work as a team member
Required ASVAB Score(s)Electronics (EL) : 102, Surveillance & Communications (SC) : 105
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in network support, data processing and computer programming.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAI CORPORATION
- EATON CORPORATION
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support
- Comcast Cable Communications, Inc
- CISCO SYSTEMS
- CDW, LLC
- CoxCom, Inc.