Multimedia Illustrator (25M)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
Multimedia illustrators are primarily responsible for operating multimedia-imaging equipment in order to produce visual displays and documents. They produce graphic artwork that is used in Army publications, signs, charts, posters, television and motion picture productions.
- Create illustrations, layouts, map overlays, posters, graphs and charts
- Produce computer-generated graphics
- Draw cartoons for filmstrips and animation for films
- Work with television and film producers to design backdrops and props for film sets
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a multimedia illustrator requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 13 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Introduction to graphics, lettering, drawing and layout techniques
- Illustration and television graphic techniques
- Theory and use of color
- Interest in artwork or lettering
- Ability to convert ideas into visual presentations
- Neatness and an eye for detail
Required ASVAB Score(s)Electronics (EL) : 93, Skilled Technical (ST) : 91
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career as a graphic designer or an illustrator.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAI CORPORATION
- EATON CORPORATION
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support
- Comcast Cable Communications, Inc
- CISCO SYSTEMS
- CDW, LLC
- CoxCom, Inc.