Financial Manager (36A)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
The financial manager is in charge of the Army’s Finance Corps, who are responsible for sustaining missions through purchases of services and supplies.
- Command financial operations and combined armed forces during combat/peacetime
- Coordinate employment of Finance Soldiers at all levels of command
- Charge of Army pay, commercial vendor support, disbursement of public funds, auditing, travel allowances, accounting, financial management information systems and banking
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a financial manager requires completion of the Finance Officer Basic Course, where you will learn all aspects of systems and practices used in a finance platoon. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capable of bearing numerous responsibilities
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career such as a bookkeeper or an accountant. An officer in the Army is also closely related to managerial positions in corporations.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.