1) Effective immediately, PS enlistments in all skill levels, to include
Service Members from Sister Services applying for the Blue to Green (B2G)
Program, are restricted by critical MOS according to these rules. Reductions
in pay grade will NOT be favorably considered, no exceptions.
2) GNPS in pay grades E-1 thru E-4 who have not completed MOS training are
not restricted to the rules. GNPS with 179 days or less of Active Federal
Service (AFS), to include zero days on Active Duty (AD) are considered GNPS.
a. Separated from a Reserve Component (RC) and did not ship to Initial
Active Duty Training (IADT).
b. Separated from a RC and completed BCT but did not complete MOS
c. Separated from any component of the Armed Forces with 179 days or
less of AFS and did NOT complete MOS training.
d. Disenrolled Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) who are NOT
ordered to Active Duty. (Refer to the current USAREC message for
Cadets who have elected to be discharged and desire to enter AD.)
NOTE: Does not apply to Disenrolled ROTC Cadets who have been ordered to AD.
3) All PS and GNPS reservations must be pulled by the ROC. Temporary
reservations are not authorized. Special care must be taken to ensure PS and
GNPS records are built with the correct days of prior military service (GNPS
with the correct days of service), MOS (if applicable), military history, etc.
4) This policy DOES NOT affect Soldiers who are removed from the Temporary
Disability Retirement List (TDRL). All Soldiers removed from TDRL will have
a formal electronic grade determination completed IAW AR 601-210, Chapter 5-51f.
5) The rules will be updated periodically by HRC.
a. Applicants in grade E-5 and above must submit a formal electronic
request for grade determination to CG, USAREC IAW with AR 601-210,
b. If the applicant is MOS qualified in a MOS listed for his/her pay
grade in paragraph 7a or 7c; approval will be granted in his/her
grade in current PMOS, provided the applicant is otherwise qualified
and meet NCOES requirements for enlistment grade.
c. GCs must ensure applicants who indicate family member(s) who may fall
under the Exceptional Family Membership Program (EFMP) are identified
to the ROC prior to a reservation being pulled. Refer to the USAREC
message on EFMP.
d. Applicants in pay grade E-4 and above who hold MOS 18B, 18C, 18D, 18E,
18F, 42R, 42S, 46Q and 46R can request an exception to the rules. Send
exception request thru GCRc as a grade determination. Exceptions are not
always favorably considered.
e. Applicants who hold MOS 15S, 15T, or 15U in grades E-5 and below, who
have completed the assessment and selected for assignment to the 160th
Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) are authorized to enlist.
Must submit a formal electronic request for grade determination to CG,
USAREC for final approving authority.
6) If an applicant does not hold the grade and MOS that has an open vacancy
listed in paragraph 7a or 7c, and there are no retraining vacancies in current
grade listed in paragraph 7b, request for grade determination for the purpose
of enlistment will not be favorably considered.
7) Accession date for PS/GNPS who enlist for primary option 18 (First
Assignment Only) will be determined by the ROC. Once the objectives/
requirements have been met by MOS and grade, that MOS and grade will be closed.
The following vacancies are available provided the applicant is otherwise
qualified and meet NCOES requirements for enlistment grade.
a. Vacancies by grade and MOS (changes based on the needs of the Army):
(1) Grades E-1 thru E-4 - 13M, 13R, 31E, 35L, 35P (language dependent),
68B(68W10P1), 68N(68W10Y6) or Enhanced Prior Service Opportunities.
(2) Grade E-5 - 27D (ASI "C5" only (27D2C5)), 35L, 35P (language
dependent), or 68V.
(3) Grade E-6 - 35P (language dependent).
(4) Grade E-7 - 35P (language dependent).
(5) Grade E-8 and above - no vacancies.
b. If no vacancy exists, the following MOS will be used for retraining
(changes monthly based on the needs of the Army):
(1) Grades E-1 thru E-4 - 11X (airborne qualified Soldiers only),
18X, 35P ACASP (language dependent IAW USAREC mission letter), or 35P
(must have DLAB of 107 or above).
(2) Grades E-5 - 35P ACASP (language dependent IAW USAREC mission
(3) Grades E-6 - 35P ACASP (language dependent IAW USAREC mission
(4) Grades E-7 and above - no vacancies.
c. The following vacancies by grade and MOS are available if already
(1) Grades E-1 thru E-4 - 11B, 11C, 12B, 13B, 13D, 13R, 19D, 25M, 25V,
35F, 35G, 35N, 35T, 42A, 68W, 88N, 89B, 91B, 92A, 92F, 92G, 92L,
92W, 92Y, 94E or 94F.
(2) Grade E-5 - 13B, 13F, 25C, 25U, 35F, 35L, 35M, 35S, 74D, 88N, 92A,
92W or 92Y.
(3) Grades E-6 - 35F or 35G.
d. Applicants in the grade of E-4 and below with less than 36 months
active duty are authorized to enlist Option 3 (Training of Choice)
or Option 18 (First Assignment Only) (if MOS qualified) to serve
in a targeted MOS as identified by the ROC. Soldier's who enlist
Option 18 (no training) will count against a NPS Training seats.
Applicants in the grade of E-4 and below with more than 36 months
active duty are required to meet all other prior service parameters
outlined in this message.
8) PS Accession Branch, EEPD will decide grade determination for all
applicants who require one as follows:
a. Applicant must enlist in the Delayed Status (DS) within 14 days of
final grade determination. He/she must understand that the vacancies
constantly change; if the grade determination expires prior to
enlisting into the DS, it could be subject to disapproval.
b. If an applicant does not hold the grade and MOS that has an open
vacancy listed in paragraph 7a or 7c and there are no retraining
vacancies in current grade listed in paragraph 7b, he/she will not
be granted accession.
9) If a renegotiation is approved the Soldier may enlist under current rules or
the rules in effect at time of entry in the DS.
10) Applicants who hold an Additional Skill Identifier (ASI) may request an ETP
without regards to the listed MOS vacancies in paragraph 7a. Not all exceptions
are favorably considered.
11) Applicants who are proficient in a language, as evidenced by DLPT results
of 2/2 or higher, will also be considered ETPs and may be qualified for 35P
ACASP. Language ability must not have been obtained by DLI attendance.
Languages that will be considered are Arabic (any dialect) and Pashtu.
Applicants that have approved ETPs must successfully complete 35P AIT. BCT may
also be required IAW AR 601-210.
12) UM 15-014 and FRAGO 54 has been rescinded.