Effective 06 June 2014, Prior Service (PS) enlistments in all skill levels, to include Soldiers from Sister Services applying for the Blue to Green (B2G) Program, are restricted by critical MOSs. Reductions in pay grade will NOT be favorably considered, no exceptions.
(1) Glossary Non Prior Service (GNPS) applicants in pay grades E-1 thru E-4 who have not completed MOS training are not restricted to the rules. Applicants with 179 days or less of Active Federal Service (AFS), to include zero days on Active Duty (AD) are considered GNPS. For example:
A. Separated from a Reserve Component (RC) and did not ship to Initial Active Duty Training (IADT).
B. Separated from a RC and completed BCT but did not complete MOS training.
C. Separated from any component of the Armed Forces with 179 days or less of AFS and did not complete MOS training.
D. Disenrolled Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) who are not ordered to Active Duty. (Refer to the current USAREC message for Cadets that have elected to be discharged and desire to enter AD.)
E. Does not apply to Disenrolled ROTC Cadets who have been ordered to AD.
(2) This does not affect PS applicants selected for OCS/WOFT and Soldiers who are removed from the Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL). Soldiers removed from TDRL require a formal electronic grade determination completed IAW AR 601-210, Chapter 5-51f.
(3) Rules will be updated periodically by HRC.
A. Applicants in grade E-5 and above must submit a formal electronic request for grade determination to CG, USAREC IAW with AR 601-210, Chapter 3-17.
B. If applicant is MOS qualified in a MOS listed for his/her pay grade in paragraph 6a or 6c; approval will be granted in his/her grade in current PMOS.
C. GCs must ensure applicants who indicate family member(s) who may fall under the Exceptional Family Membership Program (EFMP) are identified to the ROC prior to a reservation being pulled. Refer to the USAREC message on EFMP.
D. Applicants in pay grade E-4 and above who hold MOS 18B, 18C, 18D, 18E, 18F, 42R, 42S, 46Q and 46R can request an exception to the rules. Send exception request thru GCRc as a grade determination. Exceptions are not always favorably considered.
E. Applicants who hold MOS 15S, 15T, or 15U in grades E-5 and below, who have completed the assessment and selected for assignment to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) are authorized to enlist. Must submit a formal electronic request for grade determination to CG, USAREC for final approving authority.
(4) If an applicant does not hold the grade and MOS that has an open vacancy listed in paragraph 6a or 6c, and there are no retraining vacancies in current grade listed in paragraph 6b, request for grade determination for the purpose of enlistment will not be favorably considered.
(5) Accession date for PS/GNPS who enlist for primary option 18 (US Army First Assignment Only) will be determined by the ROC. Once the objectives/requirements have been met by MOS and grade, that MOS and grade will be closed. The following vacancies are available provided the applicant is otherwise qualified.
A. Vacancies by grade and MOS (changes based on the needs of the Army):
1) Grades E-1 thru E-4. 11B, 13M, 13P, 13R, 15R, 15S, 25B, 35G, 35L, 35N, 35P (language dependent), 35S, 68B(68W10P1), 68C(68W10M6), 68F(68W10N9), 68L(68W10N3), 68N(68W10Y6), 68U(68W10P2), 68Y(68W10P3).
2) Grade E-5. 27D (ASI "C5" Only), 35L, 35P (language dependent)
3) Grade E-6. 35P (language dependent)
4) Grade E-7. 35P (language dependent)
5) Grade E-8 and above. No vacancies
B. If no vacancy exists, the following MOS will be used for retraining (changes monthly based on the needs of the Army):
1) Grades E-1 thru E-4. 11X (Airborne qualified only), 18X, 35P ACASP (language dependent), and 35P (a DLAB score of 110 or higher).
2) Grades E-5. 35P ACASP (language dependent)
3) Grades E-6. 35P ACASP (language dependent)
4) Grades E-7 and above. No vacancies
C. If Airborne qualified the following vacancies by grade and MOS are available:
1) Grades E-1 thru E-4. 11B, 12B, 12N, 13B, 13R, 25C, 25M, 25V, 27D, 35F, 35G, 35N, 35T, 42A, 68W, 88N, 89B, 91B, 91C, 92A, 92F, 92G, 92L, 92W, 92Y, 94E or 94F.
2) Grade E-5. 13B, 13F, 25C, 35F, 35L, 35M, 35S, 74D, 88N, 92A, 92W or 92Y.
3) Grades E-6. 35F or 35G
(6) Prior Service Accession Branch, EEPD USAREC will decide grade determination for all applicants that require one as follows:
A. Applicant must enlist in the Delayed Status (DS) within 14 days of final grade determination. He/she must understand that the vacancies constantly change; if the grade determination expires prior to enlisting into the DS, they could be subject to disapproval.
B. If an applicant does not hold the grade and MOS that has an open vacancy listed in paragraph 6a or 6c and there are no retraining vacancies in current grade listed in paragraph 6b, he/she will not be granted accession.
(7) If a renegotiation is approved the DS Soldier may enlist under current rules or the rules in effect at time of entry in the DS.
(8) Applicants that hold an Additional Skill Identifier (ASI) may submit for an ETP without regards to the listed MOS vacancies in paragraph 7a. Not all exceptions are favorably considered.
(9) Applicants who are proficient in a language, as evidenced by DLPT results of 2/2 or higher, will also be considered as exceptions to policy and may be qualified for 35P ACASP. Language ability must not have been obtained by DLI attendance. Languages that will be considered are Arabic (any dialect) and Pashtu. Applicants that have approved exceptions must successfully complete 35P AIT. Basic combat training may also be required IAW AR 601-210.
(10) USAREC Message 14-022 has been rescinded.