1) Effective immediately, PS enlistments in all skill levels, to
include Service Members from Sister Services applying for the Blue
to Green (B2G) Program, are restricted by critical MOS according to
these rules. Reductions in pay grade will NOT be considered, no
2) GNPS in pay grades E-1 thru E-4 who have not completed MOS training
are not restricted to the rules. GNPS with 179 days or less of Active
Federal Service (AFS), to include zero days on Active Duty (AD) are
a. Separated from a Reserve Component (RC) and did not ship to Initial Active Duty Training (IADT).
b. Separated from a RC and completed BCT but did not complete MOS training.
c. Separated from any component of the Armed Forces with 179 days or less of AFS and did NOT complete MOS training.
d. Disenrolled Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) who are NOT ordered to Active Duty.
3) All PS and GNPS reservations must be pulled by the ROC. Temporary
reservations are not authorized. Special care must be taken to ensure PS
and GNPS records are built with the correct days of prior military service,
MOS (if applicable), military history, etc.
4) This policy DOES NOT affect Soldiers who are removed from the Temporary
Disability Retirement List (TDRL). All Soldiers removed from TDRL will have
a formal electronic grade determination completed IAW AR 601-210,
5) The rules will be updated periodically by HRC.
a. Applicants in grade E-5 and above must submit a formal electronic request for grade determination to CG, USAREC IAW with AR 601-210, Chapter 3-16.
b. If the applicant is MOS qualified in a MOS listed for his/her pay
grade in paragraph 7a or 7c; approval will be granted in his/her grade in
current PMOS, provided the applicant is otherwise qualified and meet NCOES
requirements for enlistment grade.
c. GCs must ensure applicants who indicate Family member(s) who may
fall under the Exceptional Family Membership Program (EFMP) are identified
to the ROC prior to a reservation being pulled.
d. Applicants in pay grade E-4 and above who hold MOS 12D, CMF 18, 31D,
35L, 37F, 38B, 42R, 42S, 46Q, 46R, and 89D can request an exception to the
rules. Send exception request thru GCRc as a grade determination. Exceptions
are not always favorably considered.
e. Applicants who hold MOS 15S, 15T, or 15U in grades E-5 and below,
who have completed the assessment and selected for assignment to the 160th
Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) are authorized to enlist. Must
submit a formal electronic request for grade determination to CG, USAREC for
final approving authority.
6) If an applicant does not hold the grade and MOS that has an open vacancy
listed in paragraph 7a or 7c, and there are no retraining vacancies in
current grade listed in paragraph 7b, request for grade determination for
the purpose of enlistment will not be favorably considered.
7) Accession date for PS/GNPS who enlist for primary option 18 (First
Assignment Only) will be determined by the ROC. Once the objectives/
requirements have been met by MOS and grade, that MOS and grade will be
suspended. The following vacancies are available provided the applicant is
otherwise qualified and meet NCOES requirements for enlistment grade.
a. Vacancies by grade and MOS (changes based on the needs of the Army):
(1) Grades E-1 thru E-4 - all Army MOSs are eligible for enlistment with the exception of the following: 09L, 12W, 13T, 15J, 15S, 89D, 92S, 94Y, or 35P (with language code HE, PG, SC, TH, or UR).
(2) Grade E-5 - 12B, 12C, 12T, 13B, 13F, 13M, 13P, 14E, 14H, 14T, 19D, 19K, 29E, 35G, 35P (with language codes JN, RU, TA), 35T, 46Q, 46R, 68B, 68C, 68L, 68U, 68Y, 88M, 91A, 91L, 91M, 91P, 92G, 92R,or 92W.
(3) Grade E-6 - 12B, 12C, 12D, 12M, 12T, 12Y, CMF 14, 15E,15Q, 15U, 15W, 25E, 31K, 35F, 35G, 35P with language code RU only, 68A, 68B, 68C, 68M, 68S, 68X, 91A, or 91P.
b. If no vacancy exists, the following MOS will be used for retraining (changes based on the needs of the Army):
(1) Grades E-1 thru E-4 - 13F, 14E, 14G, 14H, 18X, 19D, or 19K.
(2) Grades E-5 - 13F, 13M, 13R, 14E, 14H, 14P, 18X, 19D, 19K, or 91A.
(3) Grades E-6 - CMF 14.
c. The following vacancies by grade and MOS are available if already Airborne qualified:
(1) Grades E-1 thru E-4 - 11B, 11C, 12B, 13B, 13F, 15W, 19D, 25B, 25N, 25Q, 25S, 25U, 35F, 35G, 35M, 42A, 68W, 88M, 91B, 91D, 92A, 92F, 92G, 92R, 92Y. Those who are not MOS qualified are authorized Option 3 Training into one of these MOS's.
(2) Grade E-5 - 27D, 35G, 89B, 92W, and 92Y.
(3) Grades E-6 and above - no vacancies.
d. Applicants in the grade of E-4 and below with 48 months or less AFS are authorized to enlist Option 3 (Training of Choice) or Option 18 (First Assignment Only) (if MOS qualified) to serve in a targeted MOS as identified by the ROC. Applicants in the grade of E-4 and below with more than 48 months AFS are required to meet all other PS parameters outlined in this message.
8) PS Accession Branch, EEPD will decide grade determination for all applicants who require one as follows:
a. Applicant must enlist in the Delayed Status (DS) within 14 days of final grade determination. He/she must understand that the vacancies constantly change; if the grade determination expires prior to enlisting into the DS, it could be subject to disapproval.
b. If an applicant does not hold the grade and MOS that has an open vacancy listed in paragraph 7a or 7c and there are no retraining vacancies in current grade listed in paragraph 7b, he/she will not be granted accession.
9) If a renegotiation is approved the Soldier may enlist under current rules or the rules in effect at time of entry in the DS.
10) Applicants who hold an Additional Skill Identifier (ASI) may request an ETP without regards to the listed MOS vacancies in paragraph 7a. Not all ETPs are favorably considered.
11) Applicants who are proficient in a language, as evidenced by DLPT
results of 2/2 or higher, will also be considered ETPs and may be qualified
for 35P ACASP. Language ability must not have been obtained by DLI
attendance. Languages that will be considered are Arabic (any dialect) and
Pashtu. Applicants that have approved ETPs must successfully complete 35P
AIT. BCT may also be required IAW AR 601-210.
12) UM 17-014 has been rescinded.
a. AR 601-210, Regular Army and Reserve Components Enlistment Program, dated 31 August 2016.
b. UR 601-210, Enlistment and Accessions Processing, dated 31 March 2016.
c. DA Memorandum, Prior Service Accessions Business Rules for Grade Determinations, dated 31 March 2017.
d. UM 15-055, Operation Blue to Green Enlistment Program, dated 28 September 2015.