Aircraft Pneudraulics Repairer (15H)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
The aircraft pneudraulics repairer is primarily responsible for supervising and performing maintenance on aircraft pneudraulics systems. With hundreds of Army missions depending on airplanes and helicopters, they must ensure that all of them are safe and ready to fly.
- Remove, repair and test pneudraulics systems, subsystems and assemblies
- Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Use and maintain common/special tools
- Maintain facilities for storage of flammable/hazardous materials
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an aircraft pneudraulics repairer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 13 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Engine disassembly and repair
- Repair of aluminum, steel and fiberglass airframes/coverings
- Fix hydraulic, fuel and electrical systems
- Preference in mathematics and shop mechanics
- Interest in working with aircrafts and engine mechanics
- Ability to use hand and power tools
Required ASVAB Score(s)Mechanical Maintenance (MM) : 104
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
CompensationTotal compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career as an airframe or power plant mechanic.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAR Aircraft Services, Inc
- LOCKHEED MARTIN
- Raytheon Company
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support