Air Traffic Control Equipment Repairer (94D)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
The air traffic control equipment repairer performs or supervises field and sustainment level maintenance and installation of air traffic control communications, navigation aids and landing systems.
- Test instruments, navigational controls and simulators using electronic and electrical test equipment
- Replace equipment parts such as resistors, switches and circuit boards
- Perform quality control measures
- Install and adjust air traffic control communications and navigation aids systems
- Maintain air traffic control systems
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an air traffic control equipment repairer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 26 weeks Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Electronic principles and concepts
- Use of test equipment
- Equipment repair exercises
- Interest in mathematics, solving problems and electronic equipment
- High attention to detail
Required ASVAB Score(s)Electronics (EL) : 102
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn could help you pursue a career with manufacturing companies, medical research facilities, satellite communications firms or commercial airline companies.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.