Patient Administration Specialist (68G)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
The patient administration specialist is primarily responsible for supervising and performing administrative duties in the patient administration division of an Army hospital or other medical facilities.
- Compile data and prepare required statistical reports
- Initiate correspondence pertaining to medical records, medical board proceedings, line of duty investigations; and other records and reports pertaining to patient administration
- Apply knowledge of medical terminology as it applies to anatomy and physiology
- Maintain a medical record tracking system within the medical treatment facility
Job training for a patient administration specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in various office functions.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Typing and clerical skills
- Setting up and maintaining filing and publication systems
- Preparing forms and correspondence in military style
- Ability to keep organized and accurate records
- Interest in English, mathematics, business administration and typing
- Preference for office work
Required ASVAB Score(s)Clerical (CL) : 90
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Future Civilian Careers
Your Army training will be extremely valued in positions such as clerk typists, secretaries, general office clerks, administrative assistants or office managers — whether it’s as a hospital administrator or in another corporate environment.
With your extensive Army training and some additional study, you may qualify for certification with the American Medical Technologists as a registered medical assistant.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital/Health Systems
- NorthCrest Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- Atlantic Health System
- Bell Ambulance, Inc.
- Prince William Health System
- Reliant Medical Group
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center