Medical Logistics Specialist (68J)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
The medical logistics specialist is primarily responsible for receiving, storing, recording and issuing Army medical supplies.
- Perform inventory and financial management procedures, including ordering, receiving and storing supplies
- Load, unload and move stock using equipment such as forklifts and hand trucks
- Perform quality control, property management and repair parts management
Job training for a medical logistics specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and six weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in handling and storing stock.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Stock control and accounting procedures
- Procedures for shipping, receiving, storing and issuing stock
- Understanding the handling of medical and food supplies
- Interest in mathematics, bookkeeping, accounting, business administration and typing
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Enjoy physical work
- Interest in operating forklifts and other warehouse equipment
Required ASVAB Score(s)Clerical (CL) : 90
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you’ll learn will help prepare you for a career as a stock control clerk, parts clerk or storekeeper with factories, repair shops, department stores, and government warehouses and stockrooms.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital/Health Systems
- NorthCrest Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- Atlantic Health System
- Bell Ambulance, Inc.
- Prince William Health System
- Reliant Medical Group
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center