AVENGER System Repairer (94T)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
As an essential member of the Army’s weapons maintenance team, the AVENGER system repairer is primarily responsible for performing and supervising maintenance on the AVENGER system, a lightweight, highly mobile and transportable surface-to-air missile/gun weapon system that provides short-range air defense protection against air and land attacks.
- Determine malfunctions in electronics, electrical and cryogenic assemblies, module and circuit elements
- Maintain gyroscopes, sights and other electro-optical fire control components
- Repair and maintain missile mounts, platforms and launch mechanisms
- Test and adjust weapons firing, guidance and launch systems
- Inspect, test and adjust components
- Remove and replace defective line units
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an AVENGER system repairer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Principles and concepts of electronics and mechanics
- Use electronic, electrical and mechanical test equipment
- Understanding schematics, drawings, blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Operate, test and maintain weapons systems
- Interest in mathematics, science and electronic equipment or electrical equipment
- High attention to detail
- Interest in working with weapons
Required ASVAB Score(s)Electronics (EL) : 98
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The weapons repair skills you learn will help you progress at firms that design, build and test weapons systems for the military.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.