Military Police Officer (31)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
A military police officer is responsible for leading the Soldiers that protect lives and property on Army Installations.
Officers supervise the execution of the five military police Battlefield functions:
- Maneuver and mobility support operations (reconnaissance and surveillance)
- Area security operations (site security and response)
- Law & order operations (law enforcement and developing host-nation police forces)
- Internment/resettlement operations (military prisoners and enemy combatants)
- Police intelligence operations
- Lead small, tactical military police units and organizations
- Advisor to the Army Reserve and Army National Guard
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a military police officer requires completing the Basic Officer Leader Course II and 10 weeks of Military Police Basic Officer Leadership Course III in Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Officer leadership responsibilities
- Skills and tactics of the Military Police Corps
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capable of bearing numerous responsibilities
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESSS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.