Cryptologic Network Warfare Specialist (35Q)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
A Cryptologic Network Warfare Specialist performs initial cryptologic digital analysis to establish target identification and operational patterns; identifies, reports, and maintains Intelligence information in support of Commander's Intelligence Requirements and uses technical references to analyze information.
- Operates automated data processing (ADP) equipment for both remote and local collection, processing and reporting
- Performs initial cryptologic digital analysis to establish target identification and operational patterns
- Develops and maintains analytical and operational working aids and databases to support target collection, identification, and location
- Prepares technical products and time sensitive reports in support of Cryptologic Network Warfare operations
Those who wish to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Additional testing is required for this MOS. Those who wish to enlist in this MOS will be required to pass the Information Communication Technology Literacy (ICTL) test.
Job training for a Cryptologic Network Warfare Specialist analyst requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 26 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Operation of automated data processing (ADP) equipment
- Analyzing information using technical references
- Preparing technical products and time sensitive reports
- Development and mainteinance of analytical and operational working aids and databases
- Information gathering
- Ability to think, speak, and write clearly
Required ASVAB Score(s)Skilled Technical (ST) : 112
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in certain government agencies as well as jobs in private electronic/communication companies.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAI CORPORATION
- CONCURRENT TECHNOLOGIES
- GENERAL DYNAMICS LAND SYSTEMS
- LOCKHEED MARTIN