Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist (89A)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
The ammunition stock control and accounting specialist operates the Standard Ammunition and Accounting System-Modernized computer hardware and software, and utilizes manual records to perform stock control and accounting procedures for ammunition, explosives and associated explosive components.
- Perform ammunition supply stock control and accounting duties using both automated and manual procedures
- Maintain hardware and software systems and manual records required to successfully perform stock control and accounting procedures for ammunition and explosives
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an ammunition stock control and accounting specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Perform functions using the Standard Army Ammunition Modernized-System
- Access to data browser to perform the automated issue, receipt, shipment, turn-in and maintenance transfer of ammunition
- Create radio frequency identification system tags, and create applicable reports and input data
- Upload/download automated data processing equipment, and perform individual warrior tasks and collective warrior battle drills
- Interest in algebra, chemistry, physics, geometry and trigonometry
- Aptitude for planning and organizing
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Work calmly under stress
Required ASVAB Score(s)Skilled Technical (ST) : 91
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with government agencies and private industries performing ordnance research and development.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.