Warrant Officer Corps (09W)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
As the technical experts in the Army, warrant officers manage and maintain many of the Army’s combat systems, vehicles and networks. Once they reach the rank of chief warrant officer two, they are commissioned by the president and receive the same status as a commissioned officer.
- Command and control operations during land combat on the unit level
- Train and counsel Soldiers on various areas of technical specialty
- Command operations that combine armed companies on the battalion, brigade and division levels
- Develop doctrine, organizations and equipment for a variety of missions
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training requires six weeks at the Warrant Officer Candidate School, followed by attending the Warrant Officer Basic Course, where you’ll learn the basic skills of becoming a warrant officer.
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capable of bearing numerous responsibilities
Required ASVAB Score(s)General Technical (GT) : 110
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in fields such as business management. An officer in the Army is closely related to managerial positions in corporations.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.