Microwave Systems Operator-Maintainer (25P)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
Microwave systems installer-maintainers are primarily responsible for installing, operating and maintaining microwave communications systems. They also work with associated antennas, multiplexing and communications security equipment.
- Maintain microwave communications and technical control equipment
- Monitor and restore telecommunications circuits, trunk groups and systems
- Maintain circuit, link, system and station records and reports
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a microwave systems operator-maintainer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 11 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Mechanical and electrical principles
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Line installation and wiring techniques
- Communication security policies and procedures
- Interest in working with electronic equipment
- Problem solving
Required ASVAB Score(s)Electronics (EL) : 107
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with companies that produce communications and electronic equipment.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAI CORPORATION
- EATON CORPORATION
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support
- Comcast Cable Communications, Inc
- CISCO SYSTEMS
- CDW, LLC
- CoxCom, Inc.