Visual Information Equipment Operator-Maintainer (25R)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
A visual information equipment operator-maintainer is responsible for filming, script editing and recording military operations and news events that support Army operations.
- Handle television receivers/monitors, cameras and various studio accessories
- Operate motion/still photo imaging equipment and closed circuit systems
- Control visual imagery satellites, microwaves, Radio Frequency transmissions and cable distribution systems
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a visual information equipment operator-maintainer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Motion picture equipment operation
- Audio recording and using sound equipment
- Scripting and special effects techniques
- Interest in creative/artistic work
- Preference for working as part of a team
- Experience in school plays or making home movies
Required ASVAB Score(s)Electronics (EL) : 107
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career as a motion picture camera operator, production specialist, sound mixer and recording engineer.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAI CORPORATION
- EATON CORPORATION
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support
- Comcast Cable Communications, Inc
- CISCO SYSTEMS
- CDW, LLC
- CoxCom, Inc.