Human Resources Officer (42B)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
An adjutant general officer is responsible for providing personnel support that affects Soldiers’ overall welfare and well-being, while assisting commanders by accounting for and keeping Soldiers combat-ready.
- Principal advisor to the battalion commander for all matters concerning human resource support for all assigned and attached personnel
- Responsible for supervising all strength management/strength distribution actions
- Assignment as a platoon leader: responsible for training, readiness, health and welfare of 20 Soldiers and the accomplishment of wartime missions.
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for adjutant general officer requires completion of the Adjutant General Basic Officer Leader Course, where you’ll learn leadership skills, tactics and operational aspects of Human Resources automation systems and practices.
Additional training opportunities will be available based on the type of unit you are assigned to, including (but not limited to) postal operations, airborne or air assault school.
- Physically fit
- Perform under physical and mental pressures
- Possess good verbal and written skills
- Creative thinking
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The duties of an adjutant general officer are very similar to the function of a high-level human resources executive in the civilian world.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.