Perioperative Nurse (66E)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
Perioperative nurses care for surgical patients who are having operative procedures. They are responsible for planning and organizing all perioperative-nursing services. As part of the Army Nurse Corps, they play an important role in improving the overall quality of life for Soldiers and their families.
- Supervise the perioperative experience for the patient in accordance with the surgical team
- Assess the nursing care throughout the entire surgical process
- Participate in the preparation, sterilization, monitoring, maintenance and storage of surgical supplies/equipment
- Teach perioperative management and strategy to medical students
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or accepted by the U.S. Secretary of Education
- Completion of a qualified course in public health nursing or one year of supervised experience
- Must be between 21 and 42 years of age
- Current, valid and unrestricted nursing license
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- In addition to the above qualifications, permanent U.S. residency is required for Reserve duty officers.
- Must be between 21 and 42 years of age (may request a waiver, Locate A Recruiter for more information)
Job training for a Nurse Corps officer includes completing an Basic Officer Leaders Course, which introduces you to the Army health care system, Army doctrine and basic Soldier/leader skills.
- Ability to make accurate, immediate decisions
- Perform under stress
- Apply critical technical and thinking skills
- Tremendous concentration
- Receive Army Nurse Accession Bonus
- Nurse Loan Repayment Program
- Low-cost life and dental insurance,
- Noncontributory retirement benefits with 20 years of qualifying service
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
- Qualified nurses may receive Special Pay
- Health Professionals Loan Repayment Program
- Noncontributory retirement benefits at age 60 with 20 years of qualifying service
- Low-cost life and dental insurance
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
The U.S. Army provides generous education loan-repayment programs, residency programs and continuing education opportunities to support your continued career growth and development.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- Johns Hopkins
- GE Healthcare
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mercy Medical Center