Critical Care Nurse (66H8A)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
As an officer on our multidisciplinary team, you’ll develop new skills and gain the experience that will set you apart from your peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (or accepted by the U.S. Secretary of Education)
- Completion of a qualified course in critical care nursing or one year of supervised critical care experience
- Must be between 21 and 42 years of age (may request a waiver)
- Current, valid and unrestricted nursing license
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- In addition to the above qualifications, permanent U.S. residency is required for Reserve duty officers.
Job training for a critical care nurse includes completing an Officer Basic Leadership Course, which introduces you to the Army Health Care system, Army doctrine and basic Soldier/leader skills.
- Ability to make accurate, immediate decisions
- Perform under stress
- Apply critical technical and thinking skills
- Tremendous concentration
- Army Nurse Accession Bonus
- Health Professions Loan Repayment Program, which can be applied toward qualified nursing school loans
- May receive pay for continuing education, including clinical specialization courses
- Special Pay
- Reimbursement of nursing school loans through the Healthcare Professionals Loan Repayment Program
- May receive pay for continuing education
The U.S. Army provides generous education loan-repayment programs, residency programs and continuing education opportunities to support your continued career growth and development.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.