- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
Dietitian improves Soldier readiness through diet assessment and education. As officers in the Army Medical Specialist Corps, they play an important role in improving the overall quality of life for Soldiers and their families.
- Develops food/hydration guidelines based on mission, environment and available foods
- Conducts comprehensive nutrition assessment of wounded Soldiers
- Evaluates menus of contract food providers and provides guidance for recovery foods/supplements during sustained operations
- Serves as commander of companies, battalions, brigades and medical treatment facilities
Active Duty & Reserve
- At least a bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics or institution management from an accredited institution
- Completion of a dietetic internship
- Registered dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Must be between 21 and 42 years of age (may request a waiver)
- Permanent U.S. residency
Job training for the Army Medical Specialist Corps will offer you the unique opportunity to teach, research and learn at various health education programs. You will work in U.S. Army medical centers, hospitals, clinics and field medical units to gain experience in a wide range of practice environments.
- Ability to make accurate, immediate decisions
- Perform under stress
- Apply critical technical and thinking skills
- Tremendous concentration
Active Duty & Reserve
- May receive pay for continuing education
- Noncontributory retirement benefits at age 60 with 20 years of qualifying service
- Flexible, portable retirement savings and investment plan similar to a 401(k)
The U.S. Army provides generous education loan-repayment programs, residency programs and continuing education opportunities to support your continued career growth and development.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- Johns Hopkins
- GE Healthcare
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mercy Medical Center