Dietetic Student (65C)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
As a dietetic student and an officer on the U.S. Army health care team, you'll have the opportunity to serve your country while developing the skills needed to build a successful career. Our program for student dietitians combines an 11-month didactic/research master's degree curriculum and a nine-month dietetic internship at an Army Medical Center.
- A bachelor's degree in nutrition or dietetics from an accredited institution
- Students in their last semester of dietetic academic work are eligible to apply
- Minimum cumulative and prerequisite GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GRE score of 1000 (297 for new GRE format); GRE writing score of 3.5
- Must be between 21 and 42 years of age (may request a waiver)
- Permanent U.S. residency
As a student, you'll also receive:
- Paid continuing education, including post-graduate training programs in orthopedics, emergency medicine, cardiopulmonary perfusion and occupational medicine
- Non-contributory retirement benefits with 20 years of qualifying service
- No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Flexible, portable retirement savings and investment plan similar to a 401(k)
Learn more about the benefits available to officers in the Army Medical Specialist Corps.
Numerous positions are available worldwide.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.