- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Open to Women
- Entry Level
Pharmacists are primarily responsible for the safe and effective use of medication for the Army. As an officer on the U.S. Army health care team, you’ll have access to the latest treatments and drug therapies in order to provide for your patients.
- Plans, implements, directs, executes and evaluates pharmaceutical activities
- Offers services in clinical and consultative pharmacy
- Pharmacy service administration and operations
- Diploma from a school of pharmacy acceptable to the Surgeon General
- Must be between 21 and 42 years of age (may request a waiver)
- License to practice in the United States
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- In addition to the above qualifications, permanent U.S. residency is required for Reserve duty officers.
Job training for medical service corps officers includes completing an Officer Basic Leadership Course, which introduces you to the Army Health Care system, Army doctrine and basic Soldier/leader skills.
- Ability to make accurate, immediate decisions
- Perform under stress
- Apply critical technical and thinking skills
- Tremendous concentration
In addition to the many privileges that come from being on the U.S. Army health care team, you’ll also be rewarded with:
- A pharmacist accession bonus, paid in full at your first assignment
- Health Professions Loan Repayment, which can be used to pay down qualifying pharmacy school loans
- May receive pay for continuing education, including specialized pharmacy residencies
- May receive pay for continuing education and training
- Noncontributory retirement benefits at age 60 with 20 years of qualifying service
- Flexible, portable retirement savings and investment plan similar to a 401(k)
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.