Health Care Administrator (70A)
- Active Duty
- Army Reserve
- Entry Level
Health care administrators are responsible for providing administrative services to the Army’s health care facilities. As an officer, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance your skills in one of the world’s largest health care organizations.
- Coordinates care delivered by the health care consortium
- Advises commanders on health care delivery and the management of health care facilities
- Establishes and implements policies/procedures affecting the U.S. Army Health Care System
- Bachelor’s degree in health care management or related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a fixed medical/dental facility or field activity
- Must be between 21 and 42 years of age (may request a waiver, Locate A Recruiter for more information)
- Permanent U.S. residency
Job training for medical service corps officers includes completing an Officer Basic Leadership Course, which introduces you to the Army Health Care system, Army doctrine and basic soldier/leader skills.
- Ability to make accurate, immediate decisions
- Perform under stress
- Apply critical technical and thinking skills
- Tremendous concentration
In addition to the many privileges that come from being on the U.S. Army health care team, you’ll also be rewarded with:
- May receive pay for continuing education
- Noncontributory retirement benefits at age 60 with 20 years of qualifying service
- Flexible, portable retirement savings and investment plan similar to a 401(k)
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- Johns Hopkins
- GE Healthcare
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mercy Medical Center