TEN80 EDUCATION PRESENTED BY THE THE U.S. ARMY
The Ten80 Education is comprised of engineers, scientists, educators, and marketing professionals who have developed a unique and innovative STEM Program curriculum utilizing
the racing platform to illustrate various STEM principles
Approximately 250 - 300 students will attend each event from 10 – 12 local high schools.
The program begins with a panel of speakers that address students and educators about the importance of STEM in their respective careers. Panelists will include:
- Terri Stripling, President/Founder of Ten80 Education
- US Army Representative
- Don Schumacher Racing Representative
Students compete against other schools throughout the day to collect a series of points primarily in several think tank scenarios utilizing 1:10 scale radio-controlled (RC) cars in a series of challenges:
- Racing & Energy – Students learn how to operate and race the RC cars against other teams
- Rover & Innovation – Students complete a series of think tank scenarios
- Branding & Enterprise – Students create their own race team brand, paint scheme, sponsorships, etc.
Program concludes with an assembly wrap up announcing the winning school team.
Find out more about STEM careers in the Army.
2015 Ten80 Education Schedule of Events
Apr 2 – Los Angeles, CA
Apr 9 – Phoenix, AZ
May 13 – Houston, TX
May 19 – Dallas, TX
Sept 23 – Seattle, WA
Sept 30 – Denver, CO
Oct 7 – St. Louis, MO
Oct 21 – Atlanta, GA
Oct 28 – Tampa, FL
Nov 4 – Miami, FL
Nov 20 – Washington, DC
Dec 4 – New York, NY
All Events Subject to change